Introduction to the course
KC Academy’s 10-day Priority Management training course will provide you with the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively and hone your personal effectiveness.
This two-module Priority Management training course covers these strategic areas in a unique, proactive manner, which will result in top quality performance back in the workplace.
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do and how to do it and plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritise your day are two of the critical skills necessary to succeed and add value to your organisation. Time is one of our most valuable resources, yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as possible. Not managing your time can lead to a stressful working environment, preventing you from being successful and achieving your goals.
A key aspect of addressing this challenge is influencing others to support you to assist in achieving mutual goals. To do this, finely honed communication skills are considered by many thought leaders to be an integral part of any business professionals’ toolkit.
This training course will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The importance of planning and prioritising daily, weekly and monthly
- The relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Influencing
- Techniques to help you structure a compelling proposition
- The role of effective communication in managing your day more effectively
- Strategies to manage workplace stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want/need your time
This training course is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction
MODULE II - Mastering the Art of Presence & Influence
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have Goals?
- Setting SMART Objectives to achieve your Goals
- Planning and Scheduling your Activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – the Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – staying focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH Model
Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – Time-keeper, Note Taker, Chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does Effective Delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to Delegate Successfully
- Understanding How People Learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What Contributes to Workplace Stress? – The Top Ten Causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – the Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective Balance between Home and Work
Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior
- Developing Self-assertiveness to Achieve Greater Control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of Stress
- Analysis of Individual Conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
The Link between Influence and Relationships
- Defining the Characteristics of Required to Influence Others
- Where are you and those you wish to Influence on the Change Curve?
- What are the blockages we face when influencing others?
- The Importance of Accommodating Different Learning Styles
- The Fight, Freeze, or Flight: How the brain works?
- Unconscious Bias and How We Filter Information
- Understanding Different Behavioural Styles
- Emotional Intelligence and Influence
Building Your Personal Effectiveness Toolkit
- The Influence Model
- The Critical Elements of the Influencing Model Explained and Demonstrated
- Listening with Intent
- Asking Better Questions to Understand Truly
- The Importance of Building in Flexibility to Any Idea or Proposal
- Influencing Decision Making at Work
- Influencing Others to Make More Informed Decisions
- How to Use Decision Making Tools in Practice
Negotiation in Practice
- Explaining What Negotiation Is and Isn’t
- An Introduction to Negotiations
- Negotiation Skills in Business and Life
- Understanding Negotiation Parameters
- Preparing for Your Negotiations
- Learning How to Identify Negotiable Variables – What do I trade?
- The Principles of the WAP (Walk Away Point) and Why It Is Important
Delivering a Best in Class Presentation
- What makes Memorable Speech?
- Presentation Top Tips
- Introduction and Use of the INTRO Formula
- Using Intonation for Effect
- Exploring the Role of Non-Verbal Communication When Presenting
- PowerPoint Do’s and Don’ts
- Using Stories and Visualisation to Enhance Your Message
- How to Control Nerves like a Professional
- Creating a Personal Vocal Checklist
Building Your Sphere of Influence
- Understanding the Sphere of Influence
- Creating a Personal Influence Map
- Consideration of Influencing Tactics
- Developing a Personal “Plan of Action” for Your Return to Work
- Building Your Personal Resource Library
Professional certificate & Accreditation
It takes more than luck to be successful. KC Academy's 10-day Priority Management training course will provide you with the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively and hone your personal effectiveness.