Effective communication is a skill all healthcare professionals need, but one that not all are naturally good at. Over the course of a working day, healthcare workers can speak to people of varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds and they must do so in an effective, caring and professional manner.
This five-day training course by KC Academy provides attendees with an intensive overview of the crucial elements that are required to ensure healthcare practitioners and support staff are communicating effectively to both internal and external stakeholders and patients.
This Course Is for You If You’re:
- Health administrators, consultants, researchers, health service and public health practitioners, in mid to senior roles, will benefit from improving their communications skills in relation to sharing healthcare news and research.
- This course is also suited to doctors, physicians, nurses, specialists, pharmacists, and medical scientists who need to manage challenging conversations with patients.
- Doctors, physicians, nurses, specialists, pharmacists, and medical scientists who wish to improve their presentation skills when delivering technical information to a range of audiences.
- Front-office and administrative staff communicating with patients and sharing information.
- Media and communications professionals can also take advantage of this course by learning to better discern medical facts from myth, and accurately communicating health information to the public.
- A healthcare communication employee responsible for the delivery of internal and external communications.
- A spokesperson for a hospital or healthcare organisation looking to enhance your ability to deliver press conferences and handle media interviews and accurately communicate health information to the public.
During this five-day training course, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of interpersonal skills and building rapport with patients, colleagues, and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Common difficulties encountered by the professionals and patients in a clinical setting and how to overcome them.
- Listening techniques which encourage the patients to talk more and facilitate the interaction between the patient and the professional.
- Enhance your presentation skills as a doctor, healthcare, or science worker to deliver technical information in an understandable and engaging way
- How to communicate key messages through the various mediums such as employee intranet, social media, and patient-practice correspondence.
- Accurately communicate health information to the public, and discern medical and scientific facts as an individual within media or communications