During this five-day training course by KC Academy, attendees will learn what exactly goes on within a press office, from technical processes to general daily life. This course will dive into running an effective press office by looking at best practices and interactive case studies.
This press office training will give participants insight into the principles, functions and processes behind an effective press office.
The course will outline examples of successful press offices while also demonstrating – through real-world examples – how delegates can adapt core principles and practices to work in a multitude of challenging scenarios.
This Course Is for You If You're:
- A spokesperson for an organisation looking to enhance your ability to deliver press conferences, handle media interviews, and accurately communicate information to the public.
- A press officer manager who is looking to implement best practices within your organisation.
- Junior to mid-level press officers and media relations managers looking to enhance their understanding of media relations.
- Press officers are seeking to understand crisis communications.
- Press officers overseeing issues or clients that may require sensitive press handling.
During this five-day training course, you will learn:
- How to write a press release that will capture a journalists attention
- How the modern newsroom works, and the importance of digital journalism
- How to handle media enquiries
- The importance of crisis planning and how to create an effective plan
- To prepare messaging and use impactful language.
- How to communicate key messages through the various mediums
- How to prepare a spokesperson to engage with the media in various scenarios
- How to set up, manage and handle a press conference