As your leadership responsibilities expand, so does your need to understand the impact of every decision on the strategic and financial goals of your organization. That's why business acumen—an intuitive sense of how the moving parts of a company work together to create profit — is indispensable.
This KC Academy course on Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen will improve your understanding of how operations, finance, marketing, and other functions must work together to create and execute a successful business strategy. It also provides the opportunity to polish your financial literacy and leadership skills and become more business savvy.
This KC Academy training seminar will highlight:
- A review of the business and economic context for your business
- Tools and techniques used in strategy development
- Use of strategic thinking: innovation approaches
- Business Acumen and Strategy Development
- Leadership qualities needed to inspire, motivate and engage with Staff
At the end of this KC Academy course, you will learn to:
- Examine the external environment affecting your company’s ability to succeed
- Analyze your key competitors and what the future will look like
- Measure performance using standards that are highly correlated with value creation
- Integrate your competitive analysis to improve your business decision making
- Create a business strategy and a complete strategy implementation map
Developing stronger strategic awareness and business acumen means a more thoughtful analysis, clearer logic underlying business decisions, closer attention to key dimensions of implementation and operation, and more disciplined performance management. This “executive mentality” means greater strategic implementation and consequent success.
- See the “big picture” of their organization—how the key drivers of their business
- Work together to produce profitable growth
- Understand important company communications and data, including financial statements
- Use their wider knowledge to make better decisions
- Understand how actions and decisions impact key company measures and objectives
- Effectively communicate ideas to other employees, managers, and the public
Individuals with business acumen:
- Have an acute perception of the dimensions of business issues
- Can make sense out of complexity and an uncertain future
- Are mindful of the implications of a choice for all the affected parties
- Are decisive
- Are flexible if further change is warranted in the future
- Achieve successful strategic implementation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers who have responsibilities to support their departments and the organization as a whole. Also, individuals are responsible for Strategy Implementation and Communication Planning.
This KC Academy training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those wishing to sharpen their analytical skills and Business Savvy
- Supervisors taking on additional strategic responsibilities
- Managers taking on a more senior and strategic role in their organisation
- Managers seeking innovative approaches to business development
- Managers wanting to refresh their business acumen and strategic management tools