This training seminar is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Mastering Project Management
MODULE II - Mastering Contracts Management: The Oxford 5-Day MBA
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
World-class organisations understand well the benefits of lower total cost and higher productivity resulting from mastering best practices in the important phases of project and contract management. With a focus on the best practices for processes, methods, and techniques, this KC ACADEMY Contracts & Project Management MBA training seminar will make a great contribution to the skill sets of those involved in contracts and projects.
This 2-part training seminar provides both strategic and practical insights into:
- Preparing and administration of both the project plan and the contract
- Critical contractor selection & contractor negotiations
- Identifying and analyzing project and contract risk
- Selecting and leading project and contract teams
- Setting and Measuring Project and Contractor Performance goals
Participants attending this training seminar will gain from:
- Knowing your outcomes before you start a project
- Dealing with volatile materials pricing
- Discussing the importance of planning and how to manage the Planning Process
- Learning about contract types and how they transfer risk
- Defining and how to take massive action
- Exploring the various pricing models used in preparing proposals
- Methods of how to keep the team focused on the delivery goal
- Developing negotiation skill sets to gain the organisation’s objectives
- How to set up and operate disciplines required to monitor and control projects?
- Understanding important aspects of contractor price and cost analysis
Participants will increase their knowledge base and skill sets through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant who has “been there-done that”, individual and group exercises, reviewing published articles, checklists, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
Attendees are encouraged to present problems for discussion on a confidential basis, and to share their experience of particular issues in their company or industry. A supportive comprehensive training seminar manual, in both printed and CD form, enabling practical application and reinforcement is provided. Time will be allowed for general discussions, and for one-to-one discussion with the senior consultant.
The organization will benefit by:
- Having the desired outcomes in commercial transactions
- Having better trained project and contract personnel leading and guiding the contracting and project process
- Continuous improvement in the alignment of project results and the organization’s goals
- Higher productivity of personnel involved in contract and project activities
- Making projects and contracting a high value added process
- Improvements in the performance of contractors
Attendees will gain by participation in this training seminar through:
- Mastering skills in managing project and contract activities
- Improved negotiation skills
- Greater ability to develop professionally
- Increased job satisfaction by becoming more expert
- Receiving increased recognition by their organization leading toward advancement
- Greater confidence in leading, planning, and managing the entire project and contract process
Who Should Attend?
- Contracts Management Professionals
- Project Management Professionals
- Tendering, Purchasing, Contract Administration Professionals and Personnel
- Engineering, Operational, Finance, and Maintenance Professionals
- And all others who are involved in project work from simple to complex that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, construction, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities